It lasts a lifetime and then some- a diamond ring is the perfect way to express a commitment to the one you love. But, there is more to a diamond than just engagement rings and wedding bands. It is a fashion accessory that can be worn with an evening gown or a t-shirt. There are no rules!
Formed deep below the earth’s surface of carbon materials and pushed to the surface from volcanic eruptions, a diamond necklace is just as dramatic as its formation. The most significant stones are found in mines in Africa and South Africa.
If you are looking for a stone, especially a solitaire diamond pendant or ring, quality is important. The stones will be graded on the 4 Cs: Cut, Color, Clarity and Carat. The GIA has grade scales to inform you of the better quality stones. Cut addresses the number of facets for optimal brilliance, color grades from colorless to yellow, clarity grades from flawless to heavily included and carat is the weight of the gem.
Choosing shape is also important. The most common ones are round, pear, marquis, emerald and oval shape. While round is traditional, the shape is a personal preference as well as what looks best on your hand.
Diamond jewelry is easy to take care of because of its durability. Any method of jewelry cleaning is safe to bring this gemstone back to its brilliant shine.
Whether you are shopping for an April birthstone gift, 60th wedding anniversary gift or just a fun fashion piece, diamonds look great on everyone
Looking For Something?
- Does it hurt to get your ears pierced?
- Is There Really A Difference between an Eternity and an Anniversary Band?
- What's the Difference Between Smoky Topaz and Smoky Quartz. Are You Getting Scammed?
- All About Gold: Types, Karat, Composition, Durability (TKCD)
- Pendants and Charms, is There Really a Difference?
- Top Ten Reasons Why Jewelry is the Perfect Gift
- Gemstones of the Holy Bible
- The Tennis Bracelet: Game, Set and Match
- Topaz: Shades of Color
- It's a sunny day in Florida! Perfect day for flip-flips and the beach! Just going to leave this here... ow.ly/mrraP 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: Confucius wrote that #jade is like virtue & its brightness represents heaven. ow.ly/lF0zZ 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: The most favored #peridot color is a richly saturated pure grass green & is usually only found in 10+ cts. http://t.co/lH6Js3M… 3 years ago
March Top Picks
Shop GEMaffair via Mobile Web
Have a jewelry question? Need help finding the right present? Have an idea for a blog post?
No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com
- 205,737 hits