The United States likes to celebrate Valentine’s Day with gusto, the gentlemen bestowing gifts upon the ladies in a traditional, lavish fashion. The countries that spend the most money on Valentine’s Day gifts surprisingly don’t include the United States; they are Singapore, China, and South Korea. In South Korea, Valentine’s Day, ‘Red Day’ marks the beginning of three consecutive months of couple (or lack thereof) related holidays. On Red Day, South Korean women give chocolate to their men or love interests. Next, White Day on March 14, South Korean men scour many candy stores for hours on end, perfecting their non-chocolate gift for their significant others. Lastly, if efforts were unsuccessful the previous two months both men and women partake in ‘Black’ Day on April 14. Black Day is a celebration of singledom; single men and women join together with friends to eat jajangmyeon (black bean sauce and noodles) and often lament their situation. If the men or women are successful in their courting endeavors, they will often participate in a very popular South Korean trend, couple outfits and matching jewelry. Why not create a new trend with matching outfits and jewelry?
Looking For Something?
- Does it hurt to get your ears pierced?
- Top Ten Reasons Why Jewelry is the Perfect Gift
- My Ring is Tarnishing – is this real silver?
- Pendants and Charms, is There Really a Difference?
- Is There Really A Difference between an Eternity and an Anniversary Band?
- Gift Ideas
- What's the Difference Between Smoky Topaz and Smoky Quartz. Are You Getting Scammed?
- Jewelry Vocabulary Guide
- In the Jewelry Box
- It's a sunny day in Florida! Perfect day for flip-flips and the beach! Just going to leave this here... ow.ly/mrraP 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: Confucius wrote that #jade is like virtue & its brightness represents heaven. ow.ly/lF0zZ 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: The most favored #peridot color is a richly saturated pure grass green & is usually only found in 10+ cts. http://t.co/lH6Js3M… 3 years ago
March Top Picks
Shop GEMaffair via Mobile Web
Have a jewelry question? Need help finding the right present? Have an idea for a blog post?
No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com
- 205,672 hits