Somehow, being Irish is the epitome of luck. It wouldn’t seem to stem from Ireland, as Ireland has sustained a great deal of hardship over the centuries. It may refer to the amount of luck to be had by the Irish when they relocated to America. Their biggest advantage over the natives was their ability to speak English. Speaking English paved the way for the Irish as they joined political assemblies; they could voice their opinions and make contributions to society in a way that made them appear ‘lucky’. Nearly everything lucky is associated with the Irish or the color green; clovers, leprechauns, St. Patrick’s Day, Claddagh rings, horseshoes, rainbows, pots of gold, itchy palms, wishbones, wishing wells, etc. Personally, I really enjoy the Claddagh ring. It’s a really fantastic way to thwart bad luck AND declare marital status. Here’s a quick guide to wearing a Claddagh ring. Consider purchasing a Claddagh ring to keep away bad luck woes permanently!
Looking For Something?
- Does it hurt to get your ears pierced?
- Pendants and Charms, is There Really a Difference?
- Earring Styles: Drop or Dangle?
- Is There Really A Difference between an Eternity and an Anniversary Band?
- Supersize Hoop Earrings
- What's the Difference Between Smoky Topaz and Smoky Quartz. Are You Getting Scammed?
- My Ring is Tarnishing – is this real silver?
- Top Ten Reasons Why Jewelry is the Perfect Gift
- The Many Meanings of the Celtic Triquetra
- It's a sunny day in Florida! Perfect day for flip-flips and the beach! Just going to leave this here... ow.ly/mrraP 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: Confucius wrote that #jade is like virtue & its brightness represents heaven. ow.ly/lF0zZ 3 years ago
- RT @GIAnews: The most favored #peridot color is a richly saturated pure grass green & is usually only found in 10+ cts. http://t.co/lH6Js3M… 3 years ago
March Top Picks
Shop GEMaffair via Mobile Web
Have a jewelry question? Need help finding the right present? Have an idea for a blog post?
No problem! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 207,607 hits