Jewelry Gift Guide
Whether you’re searching for a gift for your mother, a bauble for your aunt, or something to take your significant other’s breath away – GEMaffair can help. Read on as we break down gift ideas by holiday and receiver.
How to Choose Jewelry for Others
Jewelry is always welcome as a present. It holds its value, has meaning, and lasts forever. However, if you’re going to purchase jewelry for a family member, friend, or significant other there are a few simple steps to ensure that Gasp! response when they open the package.
1. Think about who you’re going to purchase the jewelry for. Are they male or female, is it a personal or casual relationship, and do they wear a lot of jewelry are some of the questions you may want to ask yourself. Buying jewelry for a girlfriend is significantly different than buying one for your mother.
2. Are you buying the gift for a specific occasion? Is it someone’s birthday, is it Christmas, or are you celebrating an anniversary? You might want to buy a birthstone ring for your mother’s birthday, a three stone anniversary ring for your girlfriend or an omega chain for dad’s stocking. If you’re buying a gift for a friend’s anniversary, check out our Anniversary Gift Giving Guide.
If it’s your anniversary – married or not – think about purchasing one of the many anniversary style designs. Usually three stone designs, Journey designs, or Circle of Love designs are popular for this type of gift. Each has its own specific meaning giving the jewelry added sentimentality.
- Three Stone Designs: Each one of the stones represents a different station in life. One for the past, one for the present and one for the future. Let your loved one know that your bond together is as everlasting as the gemstones that grace the jewelry.
- Journey Designs: A journey design is line of graduated gemstones – either set in a line or curving like an S – that signify one’s journey through life and love. Each stone is larger than the last symbolizing one’s progression through life or a relationship. With every stone and every day, the love grows.
- Circle of Love Designs: Also known as the circle of life design, this style features a circle of precious gemstones. Any type of gem can be used, but diamonds are the popular pick for couples. This design represents the endless love and possibilities one sees throughout a relationship. The diamonds are a popular choice because they represent endurance. A diamond circle of love pendant therefore means enduring, endless love that will forever remain strong. This design is popular with pendants, necklaces, and earrings.
If you’re buying a birthday present, there are a slew of different options available. For a young lady or for a new relationship, you might want to think about a button pendant. If you’re a dad, get your daughter her first pair of diamond earrings. If you’re looking for a gift for the bridal party, try a pendant and earring set they can wear at the wedding and for years to come.
Again, take the recipient into account. What is their birthstone? You can find a large variety of different types of jewelry in all styles fashioned with a featured birthstone. For a more in depth look at birthstones or the meanings of certain gems, check out our birthstone guide.
If you’re looking for a Christmas or holiday present, the possibilities are wide open. You can have a lot of fun selecting something that your friend or relative will forever cherish.
Need more help? Check out our various blog posts on gift ideas for some further inspiration.
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas under $35
- NFL Jewelry: Groomsmen Gift Ideas
- Mother’s Day Gifts
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
- Gifts for Guys