1. Jewelry is an investment, not just a purchase. It can appreciate in value.
2. You can’t wear stocks or bonds as accessories and still look sane.
3. Jewelry is one of the only gifts that always elicits a “GASP!” response. Also, try a car…but jewelry is more affordable and won’t crash.
4. Jewelry can speak when you don’t have the words. A diamond says “forever,” a journey pendant says “I’ll be there,” a ruby means passion, a heart says the obvious. It’s always easier to say what you don’t have to say.
5. Jewelry is an extremely customizable gift. You can cater to personality, color preferences, style, almost everything. Need a gift for your stylishly eclectic friend? A vintage inspired cocktail ring is the answer! What about crazy Aunt Dinah? Perhaps a crazy piece of jewelry like four locket pendant. The possibilities are endless. See our Holiday Gift Guide for more.
6. Jewelry is lasting; aren’t most family heirlooms a piece of jewelry passed down through the ages? Start a new family tradition.
7. Jewelry is appropriate for someone of any age and it’s a lot better than giving a child a set of drums. I promise. Even if they aren’t your child. Retribution exists.
8. Jewelry is perfect for either sex. Baubles for beautiful women and watches and chunky chains for the boys.
9. You can make the presentation process just as unique as the gift. For Christmas, put the ring in an ornament or tie it to mistletoe. Or, as tradition and jewelry commercials show, save the tiny treasure for last.
10. Jewelry is a memorable gift. You’ll always remember who gave it to you, what the occasion was, and where you were. Jewelry is meaningful and more than just metal and rocks. Jewelry tells a story; your story.